In the last week the OSCE-(Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, formerly the Helsinki Commission, spurred by the United Nations desire to improve relations between the Worlds two nuclear superpowers Russia and the United States in the 70s, has gone on the offensive regarding the use of OSCE observers at 44 US polling sites.
In the fashion of the UN when during the exposure of Agenda 21, the OSCE is denying they are part of the United Nations and are attempting to discredit those who criticize their actions.
On there website http://www.OSCE.org, has begun to attack those exposing their intent by choosing several items mentioned in past blogs and adamantly denying those charges.
As you may be aware, reporting news at it happens requires extensive research and it’s readers demand that the information be accurate and factual. Creating a news story based on facts is fun to me, it gives me an outlet to vent and is very therapeutic in that I gain great pleasure and insight in revealing something that many have never heard of and the leftist media refuses to report.
With that said, I take great offense to reading that the OSCE has started spinning the truth to prevent exposure and are using my credibility as a vice to relay the version they choose not necessarily the truth.
The purpose of this blog is to show their deceptive techniques as lies and spin. I recently came across the opinion piece on their site and have decided to counter these lies with the truth and offer some insight into this stealthy organization. Sit back, relax and enjoy the debate. Remember, as UN most political situations you have to put the puzzle together before you can see the truth. Here goes.
Directly from the OSCE website:
OSCE: Establishing the facts.
Over the past couple of weeks, we have seen numerous misleading media reports regarding the role of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe in observing the upcoming general elections in the United States on 6 November.
In addition, we have been the recipient of countless messages from concerned citizens about our presence in the United States.
In response, here are a few facts that we hope will help dispel some of the rumors that have been circulating.
1. A huge lie.
1. The Organization for Security and Co-operation (OSCE) is not an agency of the United Nations. See below for BCN response.
2. Not a complete truth. They do my h more than observe and learn.
2. OSCE election observers are bound by a strict code of conduct, requiring them to maintain impartiality in the conduct of their duties, to perform those duties in an unobtrusive manner, and to not interfere in the elections in the United States in any way. They are not election police or referees. They will not play any role in counting votes or resolving election disputes. Their only role is to observe the process and to report on the degree to which that process meets the commitments that the United States has agreed to uphold.
3. A lie.
3. OSCE observers have not been invited by one political faction to investigate claims against any other political faction. The OSCE observers have been invited by the United States Government. In fact, the OSCE has already observed a number of US elections, including previous general elections in 2004 and 2008 and mid-term elections in 2002, 2006, and 2010, always at the invitation of the respective administration that was in office at the time of the election.
4. A lie.
4. The presence of OSCE observers is not in violation of US law. In fact, the OSCE is very aware that individual states have their own laws regarding the presence of observers at polling stations, and OSCE observers have never violated these laws in any of the five US elections already observed, and they will not do so this time.
5. A partial lie.
5. The United States is one of the founding members of the OSCE, having been a part of the Organization since it was first established in 1975 as an important multilateral forum for dialogue between East and West at the height of the Cold War. Click here to see the Organization’s timeline.
6. A partial lie.
6. The OSCE has a longstanding invitation to monitor elections in every one of its participating States. The invitation can be found in the Organization’s Copenhagen Document, which was signed on behalf of the United States in 1990 by then-Secretary of State James Baker, under the Republican administration of George H. W. Bush. Baker, a native of the state of Texas, had previously been chief of staff under President Ronald Reagan.
7. A lie.
7. Since agreeing to the principles of election observation, the United States has been a strong supporter of this practice, as both Democratic and Republican administrations have made it a standard practice over the years to invite OSCE observers to monitor both general and mid-term congressional elections.
8. A lie.
8. Over the past twenty-plus years, citizens of the United States have taken part in OSCE election observation missions to many other countries, including places like Albania, Bulgaria, Canada, France, Kazakhstan, Russia, and the United Kingdom.
Bradley County News (BCN) response to lie number 1: I will attempt to address all lies and partial lies by Tuesday if time allows. In the meantime this organization is a big part of the UN.
Lie number 1: OSCE IS PART OF UN. From OSCE website.
The OSCE recognizes that the United Nations Security Council bears primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. Thus, the United Nations is the OSCE’s primary partner organization. In 1992, the participating States declared the OSCE (at that time CSCE) to be “a regional arrangement in the sense of Chapter VIII of the Charter of the United Nations”. In 1993, a Framework for Co-operation and Co-ordination between the United Nations Secretariat and the CSCE was agreed upon, and in the same year the UN granted the CSCE observer status.
The 2005 World Summit called on the United Nations to expand consultation and co-operation with regional organizations. On 17 October 2005, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution (S/RES/1631) which provided for further enhancing co-operation between regional organizations and the Security Council.
The two organizations maintain close contacts and co-operation through elaborate mechanisms of high-level dialogue, as well as co-ordination and information-sharing at staff-level:
The OSCE has observer status in the UN General Assembly, while the UN is invited to participate in OSCE Ministerial Council and Summit meetings. UN representatives are frequently invited to address the OSCE Permanent Council.
Representatives of relevant United Nations entities are invited to participate in the main annual OSCE events, including the Human Dimension Implementation Meeting, the Economic Forum and the Annual Security Review Conference.
Annual UN-OSCE staff-level meetings serve as an important venue for exchange of information and co-ordination of activities.
OSCE field operations co-operate closely with UN agencies and missions. For example, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo is an integral part of the UN Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), and the OSCE Mission to Georgia supports the United Nations conflict settlement efforts in Abkhazia, Georgia
OSCE following UN Charter:
ABC NEWS REPORT: United Nations will observe US elections.
UN signs on with UN Security Council
UN STANDS WITH ORGANIZATION FOR SECURITY AND COOPERATION IN EUROPE AS IT SEEKS TO MAKE WORLD SAFE, MORE JUST, PROSPEROUS FOR ALL, SAYS SECRETARY-GENERAL
Let’s borrow some Clintonesque type logic to “What is an agency?” the definition below explains it well.
See agency in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. a·gen·cies
1) The condition of being in action; operation.
2) The means or mode of acting; instrumentality.
3) A business or service authorized to act for others: an employment agency.
4) An administrative division of a government or international body.
Can you see the obvious and forthright lie? The OSCE stating they are not an agency of the UN is very misleading and could have very dire circumstances for the US if the elections are somehow disrupted by one of these leftist fringe groups.