Don’t be fooled by the media blitz hitting Bradley County lately when it comes to the AMR meters or Smart Meters as they are called today, but for some reason Cleveland Utilities has decided to use the acronym AMR’s, the old name when the technology was young!
Lets just debunk the article in the local newspaper as a hyper attempt to make these smart meters sound great, almost Christ like in their attempt to make everyones life better. Yeah, the blasted things may even walk your dog for you if you whistle at a high enough frequency.
The meters are quite the opposite of “christ like” and will result in an invasion of your privacy you have never seen before. But,BUT, BUT Mr. Tom Wheeler says that these meters are not an invasion of your privacy, do not cause health problems, wont burn your house down, will not monitor your daily life or make “big brother” your new live in boyfriend. Heck NO, because he said so, thats why!
Ok, lets assume these meters are benign and Mr Wheeler is right! Ok, ill play along! These meters do nothing extra special and are essentially just like the others in that all they will do! All they do is record your use and we bill you at the end of the month just like we presently do. Then, with the following question I am going to blow you away! Are you ready? I have an excellent idea! Lets leave the monitors that are already in place, save perhaps millions of taxpayers dollars since the new ones are just like the old one. That’s a novel concept I bet noone has thought about! Ok, im done playing!
The reason they are changing to these smart meters is because there is alot of money to be made off being green in todays environment. And there is alot of money to be made off you by TVA and Cleveland Utilities adopting Smart Meters that will show huge profits when this goes full throttle. It is so sad that our elected officials are essentially “back door” taxing you and placing profit and money grabbing before the quality of life of the citizens of Bradley County!
In addition, they are going to be creating a huge revenue stream for Cleveland Utilities to help fund the 2035 BCC Strategic Growth Plan! Its in there, read it! Google it! I didn’t make that up, the consultants we paid about a half million dollars to put that in there. I didnt make that up, promise!
In talking to Cleveland Utilities Tom Wheeler recently attempted to deflect the citizens valid concerns from them regarding the use of Smart Meters to TVA. He kept saying as if TVA was solely to blame “you need to talk to TVA, they are the ones that are coming out with the Time of Day use rates!” Mr. Wheeler, with minimal research I discovered that this is not TVAs fault alone!
Cleveland Utilities, Elster, Energy Axis Systems, the EPA, TVA, and ultimately the United Nations who are deadset on pushing the “green Agenda” on false science. This is a collaborative effort of all listed above to “fool” the people of this great city to believing that this is the best option for them.
With a little research of the companies that many boast as “business partners” to deliver electricity in a highly efficient manner , you can quickly find the information you provided in the Monday, September 19th, 2011 edition of the Banner to be not only misleading but it shows you are turning your head to the truth and deceiving the people or are falsely representing the truth and are deceiving the people you represent.
ELSTER, is the company you chose to implement smart meters and ENERGY AXIS SYSTEMS is the technology within the smart meters and both are in partnership in delivering smart meters across the globe.
From the Elster website at http://www.elster.com/en/press_releases_1099.html, a press release from Elster to the Citizens of Bradley County, at the kickoff of Smart Meters! Pay close attention to the words within it! It is key to noting the intent of this technology. You will see the following statement under the heading of Cleveland Utilities selects Elster for smart grid project “Elster REX2 and A3 Alpha electricity meters will provide Cleveland Utilities with an automated infrastructure that will COLLECT the metering data required to REDUCE system demands and increase energy efficiency. The Smart Meters CAN BE LINKED WITH CONTROLLABLE APPLIANCES AND PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTATS TO MEASURE POWER USEAGE FOR TIME OF DAY PRICING AND HELP REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION DURING PEAK DEMAND!
In addition, enhanced LOAD CONTROL AND PERSONAL ENERGY MONITORING CAPABILITIES will provide consumers insight into their power consumption and ways to curb usage. Let me go on! In the same press release, remember this is a press release to you the general public that is supposed to make this thing look good! Next paragraph!
“With a comprehensive SUITE (or should I say smorgasboard) of software, communications services and meter hardware, the ELSTER ENERGY AXIS solution has been selected for electric smart grid deployments, such as this one, around the world!” This is not my press release, you probably just read it with the link I provided. But of course when I approached Mr Wheeler about this press release, his quote was that’s not exactly what it is about, essentially saying his own press release, which I am sure he signed off on was given the thumbs up by him, then he denies it! Do you see a trend!
I am so thankful for the local newspapers who only manage to tell about 10 percent of the news accurately, because it gives me the opportunity to disprove the hype, expose the leftist media cover up and display the 90 percent that is missing, thus our motto “giving you the other news that doesn’t make the headlines!”
When I saw this recent article I said I cant take the left wing bias any longer on this story, so I did about 6 hours of very easy research and found on the websites of the two suppliers of our Smart Grid meters and found all the information I needed without going any further! These websites are are chocked full of “green initiatives”, “green house gas talk”, “sustainability” and links to the United Nations and their plans to paint the whole world green with their false science!
For the sake of time and space and the desire to not lull you to sleep, I am going to list these findings and number them so they want get lost in the narrative and you switch me off to glance at Dancing with the stars!
From Elsters website I think you can clearly see why we are pushing this technology, it is a green initiative and directly on their website it says under optimization, “(Smart Grid Meters) are reducing the countrys dependence on foreign oil, a campaign whose momentum was picked up by GWB Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, to reduce green house gases (GHBs) emissions and modernize our National Electric Grid!” Off to a fast start and we have established the motive and the why!
Under http://www.energyaxis.com, go there now and look at all those pull down tabs, walk through this with me. I am going through those and pick out what I need you to see to dispel the hyperbole and posturing of Mr Wheeler of Cleveland Utilities.
1) Under the Unifying the smart grid tab, top of page, go there, don’t believe me! It talks about revenue protection as it applies to CUs! “Two way control, protect revenue and decrease utility operating expenses.” If this is true then your bill should go down, but what it does is the opposite, that the profit margin they need. High bills with decreased use…..bam! Revenue generator! This approach, tied in with Time of Day rates “forced” upon us by TVA, the margin of profit for CUs goes up, make sense? Profiteering to pay for the growth plan, sounds logical now huh?
2) Energy Axis Distributing Intelligence tab- (A Privacy issue) Talks about unprecedented amounts of data to be obtained (from you the customer) and says “GRID CONTROL” (didn’t say grid monitoring only like Wheeler says, but CONTROL) operations can be seamlessly MANAGED (again, didn’t say casually monitor you electricity use) through the system. Will provide flexible path routing and configurable message prioritization (meaning we can get any information we need using a set configurable message that we can decipher when we need to).
3) Automative Network Management tab- RF-Radio frequency to remotely execute connect and disconnect, reads remotely and accesses your meter on request and sends data back to the mother ship. A biggie, that Mr Wheeler said did not exist or what did he say “he would be long gone before we used that technology, well you are still alive and Elster is planning on using it! But the website says Updates time of use schedule and functioning over the air, performs upgrades to both radio frequency and meter through “REAL TIME REPORTING! ” Again, Mr Wheeler “your nose should be growing.”
4) Gatekeeper tab- This is a piece of technology within or attached to the box that and I quote, “ does the collecting and transmitting data from thousands of meters, about 1250 to be exact in and around you. Not only will they be collecting your information from thousands per box, you will be exposed to 1,250 other meters that are syncing in with your meter, anybody say cancer? Naaaaah of course not, nobody would knowingly do that to us, they said it would only be the equivalent of less than a single cell phone per year. I have read that this much exposure will be closer to 700 cell phones per day and many towns where these meters are being installed are selling and installing shields for your house to keep you from getting all this exposure.
5) Demand /Home response Area Network tab- This is a rapidly growing category of growth such as “in home displays”, “Smart thermostats” that control your temperature within you home, “load control devices”, did you go by that and not even wince! Go back and read again! “A RAPIDLY GROWING CATEGORY OF GROWTH” the ability to have a display in your home showing you minute to minute, the amount of electricity you are using , Thermometers complete with an RF detector to regulate your thermostat for you, hands free! Isnt this technology grand? And LOAD CONTROL DEVICES that will let you know when a preset “load” is placed on your meter and this will be regulated by Cleveland Utilities so that “you don’t use more than your fair share of electricity, especially during “peak” times.
6) Again at the Partners for Growth, Demand response at the right top of the http://www.energyaxis.com website, not Bradley County News website, the company that is installing and maintain these monitors website. It goes on to talk about Climate Change and the need for this technology, energy efficiency and demand response. Demand response is a fancy word for if you want more electricity than is allotted, you may not get it and if you do, baby you are going to pay for it.
7) Same tab- Demand response pilot programs, of which I am sure Bradley County is a part of or will be since we have such a longstanding, good working relationship with them. It continues to talk about tracking your energy use, UNDERSTANDING CONSUMER BEHAVIOR AND MOTIVATIONAL TRIGGERS, we have learned consumers will modify and change behavior. Wait a minute, did this just say that CU, Tom Wheeler , Elster and Energy Axis was going to MODIFY AND CHANGE our behavior through learned behavior and motivational triggers, SOOOOOOOO, if a motivational trigger is you are sweaty, hot, miserable in your own home, they will learn from that they either charge you the maximum for the useage of your air conditioner or regulate it for you thus invading your home and your sacred privacy place and turn your air down when an RF indicator indicates your “power load”has met its capacity. Folks, this doesn’t sound like the smart grid that Mr. Wheeler has sold to the public? I cant even say anymore! The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is the http://www.energyaxis.com site and Elsters website!
8) Under the Unifying the Smart grid tab, demand response, it talks about Distribution Autoimation, sounds a lot like regulating power to me. And are planning on doing it with Voltage regulators, capacitor banks, automated switches and reclosers, voltage conservation VAR control system. This is also the system that if it misfires or doesn’t collect a signal to monitor the voltage, say a cloud or a school bus (as demonstrated on the website) goes by your house during a “missed signal” period and you have …….yes FIRE! Just as many towns and citizens have reported with the use of Smart Meters.
9) Security tab- There is a whole section or division devoted to hacking and security of your personal history within your house. I pose this question, If there is little to no chance of someone knowing when you are home or when you take a bath, then why have they employed some of the leading Cyber Security Experts from companies such as Microsoft if this system is safe and a sure thing! That’s because hackers stay up on the latest hacking info and are always looking for a hole to crawl through and they need to deflect there attempts just as quickly. Your personal useage information is being sought after for a reason and that is to sell you a product or direct marketing to you.
Now, does this sound like the product that Cleveland Utilities and Mr Wheeler is pushing on you, well he may not know it but it is the technology he purchased and it sounds as if Elster and Energy Axis know how to deliver it! I am 100 percent confident that they will run their equipment the way the have to “to realize the cost savings” and the heck with your input, after all aren’t you guys just a bunch of conspiracy theorists.
You know the interesting thing about a conspiracy is? When a conspiracy theory is supported by fact from the source, it no longer is a conspiracy, it is all of a sudden the truth and it leaves the messenger of the “conspiracy” label looking a little deceptive! What you think? This is not my information from me, it is from the company delivering this Smart Grid Technology via Cleveland Utilities and Tom Wheeler, hope he can sleep at night!
Leave me a comment I enjoy the input!